Komplekt is a cultural management and consultancy agency focused on design and other creative practices. The Studio generates content and manages self-initiated as well as commissioned projects.
Studio Komplekt and Gabrovo Municipality, partners in the European project CINEMA – Creative Industries for New Urban Economies in the Danube Region, funded by the Danube Transnational Cooperation Program 2014-2020 (INTERREG), organise a series of culture events in the heart of Gabrovo between 17 and 26th of June 2022.
The central neighbourhood of Gabrovo – District Six – hosts a variety of creative events with free access. The aim of a similar approach is to reveal the potential of the location to attract visitors and to be a hub for a variety of activities and cross-sectoral collaborations. The focus is on the power of the creative sector to nurture the milieu ideas and occasions for beneficial change.
The program includes participation from the following organizations:
- Vox Populli (Sofia) A sight specific documental theatre: Six Stories from District 6
- ETAR (Gabrovo): Workshop Flowers from Dried Leaves and the Exhibition Ethno Lens: Midsummer’s Day
- Know-How Show-How (Sofia-Amsterdam) independent educational platform for art and design: a 10-days workshop on recycling waste and creating new objects to enliven the central school in District 6.
- Foundation Read Sofia – Literature Walk in District Six with Albena Todorova
- Discussion: Sustainable Practices in Design and Fashion with the participation of Prasklo (Czech Republic) and Katalin Huszar (Hungary). At the House of Humour Museum, Hall of the Giraffe.
- Question of Time – presentation of the results of the workshop for social posters by NoPoint Atelier. Meeting point in front of the Tourist Info Center in District Six.